Every step matters: From step stools to extension ladders, make sure you’re putting the right foot forward.
Every year over 100 people die in ladder-related accidents, and thousands suffer disabling injuries. Join the American Ladder Institute (ALI) and participate in National Ladder Safety Month in March. This important month was designed to raise awareness of ladder safety and to decrease the number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities.
What is National Ladder Safety Month?
National Ladder Safety Month, observed in March and spearheaded by the American Ladder Institute (ALI), is the only program dedicated exclusively to promoting ladder safety, at home and work. Each year, tens of thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths are caused by ladder misuse. By providing critical guidelines and raising awareness on safe use, we can help decrease these numbers.
ALI, the only approved developer of safety standards for the U.S. ladder industry, is the presenting sponsor for National Ladder Safety Month.
ALI believes ladder accidents are preventable with thorough safety planning, training, and continuous innovation in product design. The more people, organizations, and businesses get involved, the wider the message spreads, and the more people learn about proper ladder safety.
The “why”: Every life saved is precious
The goals of National Ladder Safety Month are to:
- Decrease number of ladder-related injuries and fatalities
- Increase the number of ladder safety training certificates issued by ALI
- Increase the frequency that ladder safety training modules are viewed on www.laddersafetytraining.org
- Lower the rankings of ladder-related safety citations on OSHA’s yearly “Top 10 Citations List”
- Increase the number of in-person ladder trainings
- Increase the number of companies and individuals that inspect and properly dispose of old, damaged or obsolete ladders